Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Great Start



First off, let me say it feels good to be back. I took a break from the blog and many other things for awhile. I had a great thing happen to me this morning that reminded me that I need to get back to my writing.


Paul is teaching in Brookfield this week, and he is commuting. He was up very early this morning to get ready and out the door. I was trying very hard to sleep in, since Rudy has not been feeling well, he woke me up at 4:30 to go outside this morning. Not to mention Paul was up late helping Joel with his religion homework and I was finishing the rosaries for his class that they had started.


As usual, Natalie woke up when she heard the alarm, so she was standing near the bed and I told her to go back to sleep. The next thing I recall is Paul, asking me if I was listening to Will and Natalie talking. He said, they were having a great little conversation about marriage. Will was trying to explain to her that she cannot marry him. We tried explaining this to her the other night, she just could not understand why. She finally said, "That is OK, I will marry Aunt Kelsi then."

I dozed off again and the next thing I hear is Will's voice next to my bed. "Mom, we have a something for you! It is called.....BREAKFAST IN BED!!" Natalie was right beside him and they had brought me two pieces of toast (dry) on a birthday plate (my birthday is in July), which was placed on a huge tray that took the both of them to carry up the steps. To think that this was the same little boy who told his little sister to take a long walk off a short dock just last week. These two little cherubs who fight all the time, got along and worked together to make me breakfast in bed. All three of us were so happy. It was such a great start to our morning.


Soon I was up and Joel woke up as well. Natalie and Will went running into Joel's room saying, "We just made mom breakfast in bed!" I thought to myself, "Oh no, Joel is going to be so upset that he did not get to help." His response, "Hey! Where's mine?" I guess my little Joel is growing up too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heidi,

i am just laughing out loud. the pic was the icing on the cake!! what sweet kiddies you have!!

kara

Mike said...

Heidi, I am glad you are back doing this! And, what a great story to kick things off again!

Mr. D said...

First, I'm glad you're back to blogging, Heidi.

What a fun story! Joel, Will and Natty Dread are just a hoot.