Friday, February 15, 2008

Clever or Catastrophic?


Natalie decided to cut the string off her balloon. It went to the ceiling of course. I told her I was not going to keep tying the ribbon on it if she was going to keep cutting it off. I was in the middle of making cookies and she was begging me to get the balloon off the ceiling. She got tired of waiting for me to finish what I was doing. I turned around and she was about ready to step on this stool! I wonder if there is a higher rate of alcoholism amongst mothers who have girls? That number is about to increase.

3 comments:

Mr. D said...

Certainly there is a higher rate of alcoholism among mothers of girls who are daredevils. Natty's do-it-yourself ethic will work very well when she grows up, but you have to get her past the age where she thinks doing what's pictured is a good idea.

Yeah, I'd probably want a highball after seeing that, too.

Best,
Mark

Marge said...

Dang, Heidi!

I can only imagine how indignant she was when you told her she couldn't climb up there. I know Nattie to be both a daredevil and a bullhead - that's quite the dangerous combo. And all packaged into the sweet, pretty innocent blond-haired-blue-eyed package - look out, world. We're all in for it.

Mike said...

Yeah, pass the Sailor Jerry. That was quite the setup Nat had there! Sheesh!